We’ve often been asked in our custom development adventures if there were some sort of off-the-shelf product that we offered for common training topics. Well, we’ve seized an opportunity to work with Instructure and their Bridge learning management system (LMS) to provide just that! The goal has been to give companies customizable eLearning courses and content through Bridge that lets them create job- and business-specific learning to meet their own needs.
Each course was designed to be as effective as possible, saving valuable employee time. Most courses are fairly compact, coming in at under 30 minutes long, allowing workers to quickly take valuable information back to their workplace for implementation.
There is currently a grand total of 20 courses that will be made available, spanning a number of common business-related topics. We’ve compiled a list of all 20 with a brief description of the subject matter:
- Harassment Prevention—Preventing Workplace Harassment (Manager): You’re a manager. You supervise employees, achieve company goals, and adhere to policies. What do you do when an employee files a complaint or harassment claim? How do you handle the effects of a claim on the accuser, the accused, and your team?
- Harassment Prevention—Preventing Workplace Harassment (Employee): We’ll walk you through the basics and also share resources available to you if you feel like you’ve been a victim of harassment on the job. So don’t panic, we’ll help you know what to do to protect yourself and keep your workplace welcoming—to everyone.
- HIPAA—Privacy and Security Basics: This course provides a high-level overview of HIPAA regulations and provides specific best practices for complying with the law and protecting the personal health information you are working with. We’ll also share some general cybersecurity-related tips.
- Coaching and Feedback: In this course, you will learn an easy-to-understand coaching model, effective methods for giving feedback and constructive criticism, how to increase trust with the members of your team, and how to achieve ongoing, long-term development through mentoring.
- Thriving Through Conflict: Someone calls you a jerk to your face. What do you do about it? Everybody feels frustrated, angry, or even annoyed by another person sometimes. But there’s a tried and true process you can follow to smooth the prickliest predicament between co-workers.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: This course covers step-by-step, logical thinking approaches as well as out-of-the-box approaches for times when traditional methods just aren’t working. Try a new strategy or two, and bam! You’re back in the game!
- Customer Service Success: In this course, we’ll look at ways you can improve your customer service, whether you work with internal or external customers. We’ll discuss strategies for identifying customer needs, going the extra mile, following up, and addressing complaints.
- Effective Meetings: Whether you need ideas for creating “way-cool” agendas or how to respond to conflict during the meeting, you’re covered. We’ll show you things like how to arrange the room, best times to hold the meeting, and how to break the ice with your attendees.
- Emotional Intelligence: Are you emotionally intelligent? We’re talking about how you manage your behavior, navigate social situations, and make personal decisions to achieve positive results. This course provides tools, techniques, and tips to be more emotionally intelligent!
- Generational Awareness: This course explains key differences among the generations present in today’s workforce and gives you tips on intergenerational communication. Whether you’re a Traditionalist, Baby Boomer, Gen Xer, or Millennial, a little understanding goes a long way.
- Goal Setting & Achieving: Do you have clear and measurable goals for yourself? Have you written them down? If not, you’re not alone. In this course, you’ll learn key techniques for setting goals, making plans to achieve those goals, and leading yourself to success.
- Hiring for Managers: By improving your initial hiring skills, you can help avoid costly mistakes and increase company success overall. This course discusses proven ways to find and retain the best candidates, from determining job requirements through on-boarding new hires.
- Management Basics: This training will help you learn managerial skills needed to create work efficiencies, set appropriate goals and expectations for yourself and your team, delegate responsibilities, manage your time, and provide appropriate feedback.
- Improving Presentation Skills: This course will help you improve your presentation skills, including customizing your message for your audience, creating an outline, writing and revising, using visual aids, and delivering your presentation with power.
- Safety Awareness: From tripping hazards to ergonomics, you may be the only person that sees potential hazards in your work environment. This course walks through ways you can help keep your workplace safe and prepare for emergencies.
- Safety—Environment, Safety, and Health: In this course we’ll review healthy behaviors to help you be more successful in your work and everyday life. We’ll provide ways you can prevent physical injuries, consider environmental factors in promoting safety, and safely handle hazardous materials.
- Preventing Aggressive Behavior in the Workplace: Have you ever felt like you were being bullied at work? Have you ever been a victim of violence at work? This course provides practical tools to identify and address violent situations where you work, so you are prepared to address conflicts that arise.
- Sales Fundamentals—Selling for Success: This course includes an introduction to sales approaches and methods, and specific tools you can immediately use to build relationships with customers. You’ll learn techniques to help you close the deal. Don’t be the salesperson who silently struggles!
- Teamwork—Being an Effective Team: What makes an effective team? How does one team succeed where others have failed? In this course, you’ll learn how team dynamics affect the way we interact with each other, and ways leaders and team members can make the most out of their team experience.
- Understanding Diversity: This course will help you understand diversity and how you can help create a workplace that values and respects differences. You will learn to identify stereotypes and biases, encourage diversity, and take action to prevent and discourage discrimination.
For more information on the Bridge LMS and how you can get ahold of these courses, visit http://www.getbridge.com.