Today we kicked off eLBX Online with an info-packed session, Design Thinking Meets Instructional Design, with Chris Willis, Senior Product Manager – Customizable Courseware.
Chris covered these main points:
- How Design Thinking aligns with Instructional Design
- The 5 Stages of Design Thinking
- How Design Thinking can help you engage learners, SMEs, stakeholders
What is Design Thinking?
This technique is used by product designers and entrepreneurs for tackling complex problems that are ill-defined or unknown, by:
- Understanding the human needs involved
- Re-framing the problem in human-centric ways
- Generating many ideas in brainstorming sessions, and by
- Adopting a hands-on approach in prototyping and testing
To sum it up, design thinking is a HUMAN CENTERED approach.
Chris showed eLBX Online attendees how we can apply the concepts of design thinking to our instructional design to create relevant, engaging eLearning content.
If you missed today’s session, don’t worry! We will be posting Chris’s slides and the webinar recording—along with the rest of this week’s sessions—on our site at the end of the week. We’ll also be sharing some additional Q&A from today’s session on the blog later this week.
Tune into eLBX Online tomorrow for Streamline Your Storyboards. Click below to see the full schedule and register.