Want to create and use awesome eLearning games in your courses? You’ve come to the right place! Here at eLearning Brothers we have lots of games for you to use. Our games are compatible with all of the major eLearning authoring tools on the market such as: Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Lectora, Rapid Intake, Moodle, Presenter, and many more.
There are 2 different ways to access our games: eLearning Template Library and the Interaction Builder. I’ll give an overview of each product and explain the various game formats that are available.
Ways to Access/Purchase our Games
Option 1: eLearning Template Library
The Library offers 1000′s of templates and assets to download and use in your next course. The main idea is that you can download the sources files, open them in the appropriate software, and then add your content. Since you’re using the source file this gives you access to modify every aspect of the game. There are many different games available and we add more monthly. (View the eLearning Template Library)
Game formats available:
- Flash (Actionscript 2 and 3) – You download the .fla source file for the game and open/edit them in Adobe Flash software. You can then publish the game and insert the .swf into your favorite eLearning authoring tool.
- Flash (XML) – If you don’t have Adobe Flash software you could use the XML versions of the Flash games. You just put your text into the XML file and that will “feed” directly into the games automatically when you run it. You don’t need Flash to edit this version of the game.
- HTML 5 – Need your game to run on mobile devices? Use the HTML 5 games. To use and edit these games you must put the files on a web-server. You can then launch a config html file and edit the game directly through the web-browser. You can use these games in various eLearning authoring tools by launching a window from the course and/or by using iframes/web objects in your authoring tool.
- Articulate Storyline – If you use Storyline then you could use our games that are built directly in that software. Just download our .storytemplate file and use/edit the game directly in Storyline.
Option 2: Interaction Builder
The Interaction Builder is an online software that gives you access to over 100 games and interactions. You select a template, insert your text/images/audio, and download the finished file. The Builder is great for users that don’t have Adobe Flash, need a quick simple way to add content to the games, and want to stay within the design of the template. You don’t get the source file with this tool. (View the Interaction Builder)
Game formats available:
When you finish adding your content to a game you click a download button. You then have 3 download options. Just choose your format and save the completed game to your computer. You then upload and use it in your favorite eLearning authoring tool.
- Flash (Actionscript 2 and 3)
- HTML 5
We have tutorials for all of our products. Check out the eLearning video tutorials.